Join the Chamber of Commerce in the great work we are doing as an intern! Interns can receive credit hours for the position. Interns are not financially compensated.
HOW TO APPLY: If interested in the Business Administration or Even Coordinator and Communications Internship positions, email your resume to email@example.com. You will be contacted if your credentials match the needs of the Kankakee County Chamber of Commerce.
GOALS OF POSITION:
The Business Administration Intern will have the opportunity to learn new skills, impact the work done by the Kankakee County Chamber of Commerce and learn skills that will transfer into their post-graduate work. Under the Executive Director, the Business Administration Intern will work on developing where the Chamber focuses our future efforts, be involved in the strategic plan, design and implementation of website, networking opportunities/events and other related functions.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Strategic Plan.
- Will be present for an entire Strategic Planning cycle.
- Not limited to but will include pre-planning calls with facilitator, day of plan and wrap up work.
- Board Development.
- The intern will be present for board development planning and discussions.
- Interacting with member businesses and professionals.
- Cold calls to member (or potential member) businesses.
- Acting on behalf of the Kankakee County Chamber of Commerce.
- Possibly scheduling meetings with member companies and going on visits.
- Researching other Chambers.
- The intern will research the work of comparable size Chambers to see where there is room to grow.
- They will research other Chambers and their membership offerings.
- Helping to plan and execute all details related to events (State of the County, Customer Service Seminar, Athena Awards, Annual Dinner).
- Attending Business Before Hours, Business After Hours, Ribbon Cuttings and other smaller events as their schedule allows.
- Assisting with community outreach and fundraising events as needed
- Work with committees and the Board of Directors of The Kankakee County Chamber of Commerce
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Have a passion for business administration.
- Willingness to learn about Chamber of Commerce organizations and how they work.
- Creativity and a vigorous work ethic.
- Sensitivity to different opinions.
- A friendly, responsive, and patient approach.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- Reliable transportation.
- The ability to work well with individuals and groups.
- The ability to meet deadlines and complete all tasks with excellence.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self starter.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including both writing and verbal.
It is the desire of The Kankakee County Chamber of Commerce, through our internship program, for each student to experience hands-on training in a career area of interest and develop practical leadership skills for the future. We encourage interns to:
- Set personal goals for what he/she would like to accomplish during their internship.
- Have regular informational meetings with staff.
- Tackle all tasks with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Take advantage of opportunities to learn more about the organization.
- Gain exposure to new ideas and people (network).
- Not be afraid to ask questions.
- Take Initiative.