About Women in Networking
Women in Networking is a diverse group of women devoted to fostering professional and personal relationships for the empowerment and development of women through specific programming and community service opportunities.
At WIN events, women from various businesses and life stages meet to discuss issues pertaining to women.
WIN encourages all women, regardless of age, to join as they create lasting friendships.
Why Join WIN
Why is Networking Important?
Creating a strong network leads to numerous benefits for female leaders:
- It creates a community – A safe, supportive network for like-minded women is key. It provides women with a place to connect, communicate, and share about common experiences.
- It leads to quality referrals – A strong network provides greater opportunity to receive high quality referrals, allowing leaders to grow and thrive within the company.
- It’s a great way to find a mentor – According to a study conducted by LinkedIn, 82% of women believe in the importance of having a mentor, though 20% of those women report not having access to one. Receiving advice from seasoned, successful women can help other women navigate and feel more supported.
- It helps build confidence – Belonging to a network of women where one is accepted and supported builds confidence. This leads women to take on challenges and opportunities that they perhaps wouldn’t have otherwise.
- It inspires – What’s more motivating than hearing the stories and lessons of women who have navigated and overcome challenges in their professional career? Not only will this inspire young professionals to rise through the ranks and will encourage them to become amazing role models for those that follow them.
WIN Events for 2022
WIN Luncheon Series events go from 11:30 am-1:00 pm at Adventure Commons on the date listed except the September lunch will be on location at Urban Farmer.
Registration is required on the website. Please be sure to communicate any dietary needs.
1/13/2022 - Jeff Williamson on the "The Power of 168" hosted by Mary Thomson and Amber Turner
3/10/2022 - Laura Andersen from Mayhill Moon on Creative Mindset hosted by Julie Phelps and Melissa Tanner
5/12/2022 - Sarah Faulk on Mental Health hosted by Mary Thomson and Joanne Keen
9/08/2022 - Luncheon at Urban Farmer in Manteno for a tour and lunch provided by Urban Farmer. WIN hosts are Jen Draper and Suzie Bell.
11/10/2022 - A Holiday Celebration hosted by Sandi Cianci and Jackie Bruhn benefiting Harbor House.
Athena International presents the "Women Really Mean Business" podcast which features professional women talking about their unique journey in the world of business. The goal is to "connect women for learning, career growth and networking."
WIN Executive Committee
- Agente Staffing - Amber Turner
- A.N. Webber - Tricia Grigas
- Assured Partners - Julie Phelps
- CSL Behring - Melissa Tanner
- Elite Community Credit Union - Susie Bell
- Frank's Appliance - JoAnne Keen
- Kankakee Community College - Ellen Schmidt
- Kankakee County Circuit Court - Sandi Cianci
- Municipal Bank - Jackie Bruhn
- State Bank of Herscher - Jennifer Draper
- UpliftedCare - Mary Thomson