Action Plan Grant
On behalf of Visit Kankakee County’s Board of Directors, we are extremely proud and excited to share that the SECOND round of the CTAP (Community Tourism Action Plan) grant opportunity is open! Grants are available to help both small or large Kankakee County visitor-centric projects across the finish line, and any public, private or non-profit organization can apply.
While there are many purposes for these CTAP grants, the primary purpose is to add vibrancy to the communities in Kankakee County and to generate new economic impact through visitation by non-residents.
Other purposes include:
- expand the tourism product in Kankakee County.
- expand existing or create new visitor experiences in Kankakee County to attract new visitors and extend the length of stay of current visitors.
- provide co-op marketing assistance to support new signature events that will generate overnight visitation to Kankakee County.
- Generate overnight visitors and measurable hotel room nights in Kankakee County.
Two different levels of grants will be offered through an application process:
- $5,000 - $24,999 with a 25% applicant match (total project cost is $7,500+)
- $25,000 - $500,000 with a 50% applicant match (total project cost is $50,000+)
For your convenience, the grant packet can be found on the Visit Kankakee website:
Further Economic Opportunity
The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity provides a great deal of Grant Opportunities, Low-Interest Loans, and other economic assistance. For more information click the button below to be taken to official website.
Small Business Grant Programs
The U.S. Small Business Administration is a United States government agency that provides support to entrepreneurs and small businesses. For more information click the button below to be taken to official website.