Join the Kankakee Area Career Center as they host “Emerging Workforce!” The event will take place at the Kankakee Area Career Center on Friday, May 6, 2022 from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
This event occurring during the school day provides students not only with information about employment opportunities existing in their immediate area, but also provides them with career path steps they may take to obtain future employment goals.
Employers and Recruiters will set up displays, provide handouts, and speak to students one on one in a KACC Classroom or shop area. Topics that said employers and recruiters will speak on during presentations
include, but are no limited to:
- Introducing their business and its main function.
- Sharing what positions are and will be available within their company.
- Laying out the education, training and/or certification requirements to obtain qualified/skilled workers.
- Helping students understand the keys to being “hirable” on-line and on paper.
- Informing students on what types of continuing education opportunities they can expect as they grow in their career.
- Letting students know how best to obtain job experience (if this is a prerequisite of your company).
If event seems like something of interest you, please refer to the graphic provided to the right for details. Spots are limited and RSVP is highly encouraged. For any further information, questions, or to RSVP, contact Amy Gorecki at email@example.com