Peoples Bank of Kankakee County
Peoples Bank of Kankakee County is a family owned, community bank with offices in Kankakee, Bourbonnais, and Manteno, Illinois. It was originally founded in 1962 by Romy Hammes. Truly a family business, Romy’s son, Jerry Hammes, has served as Bank Chairman since 1980 while Jerry’s son, Jeff, has been Bank President and CEO since 2000.
The Peoples Bank Difference
Peoples Bank aspires to be truly remarkable and give customers a great experience every time they interact with us in person or online. We believe banking shouldn’t be a hassle and are committed to listening, speaking plainly, and offering solid financial solutions. A helping hand is available every step of the way! We strive to make our community better by contributing a portion of our profits back to the community we serve.
Services & Products Offered
Our products and services are competitive, convenient, and easy to use. We offer:
- Personal deposit accounts including checking accounts, savings accounts, money market accounts, CDs, IRAs, and HSAs
- Online & mobile personal banking services to make your banking life easier and safer
- Personal loans including mortgage and home equity loans
- Business deposit accounts including checking accounts, saving accounts, money market accounts, CDs, and sweeps
- Business loans including real estate loans, term loans, and lines of credit
- Online & mobile business banking services to run your business more efficiently.
- Safe deposit boxes
- ICS and CDARS, available at Peoples Bank, to access FDIC insurance on deposits over $250K
- Financial advisory and wealth management services
Peoples Bank Customer Care Services: 815-936-7600